Vacancy for communications manager
Would you like to join our team?
At City Central we are looking for a communications manager for two+ days a week.
What is City Central?
City Central is a hub for international Groningen. We connect new residents to the city so that they can integrate, feel at home, and contribute to the success of the city. We do this by providing information, organising events, facilitating contact between new and old residents, and telling the story of internationalisation. We want Groningen to be a city where everyone - all new and old residents - feels at home.
Communications manager role
You will be responsible for the planning and execution of external and internal communication, with the broad responsibility of reaching and growing our audience externally, and facilitating our teamwork internally.
You will work on the following tasks for external communication:
- Communication strategy and planning for social media, website, local media and print, including setting and monitoring targets
- Event communication on various own and external channels
- Newsletter planning, composing and sending
- PR: generating press releases and managing press contact
- Managing and monitoring social channels and website, with the aid of volunteers
- Creating and monitoring stakeholder communication
Internally, we ask you to
- Share relevant information with the volunteer team in regular updates and meetings
- Facilitate contribution of team members to our activities
- Foster community spirit and team identity
- Contribute to workflow coordination with organisational partners
We are looking for someone who:
- Works in a proactive, reliable, goal-directed fashion
- Is a natural communicator and team-player
- Has excellent copywriting and image-making skills
- Has experience with social media campaigns and communication planning
- Is internationally oriented and identifies with the vision and goals of City Central
- Has a local network or willingness to build one
- Is fluent in English and preferably also Dutch
What we offer:
- Part of a dynamic and friendly international team
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to develop own activities / networks / projects
- Negotiable salary and employment conditions
- Flexible starting date: between July 1st and September 1st
- Initial contract til year end, possibility to extend it
Interested? Please send your CV and a cover letter to us at email@example.com by 19 June.